Sunday, September 27, 2009

64 Studio 3.0 beta 3 Install and Setup

So I got a nice big hard drive for my laptop this week and am reinstalling XP and 64 Studio 3.0 beta 3 from scratch. I installed XP first and then 64 studio so GRUB would be my boot loader.
I booted from the install disc and installed normally with a partition for /, a partition for /home and 2 gig swap space. First thing I did when I got booted up was a 'sudo apt-get update' and I encountered a "partial upgrade" error. I remembered this was solved in the forum from the last time I installed. Steps to fix this beta 2/3 bug are at the post below.

http://www.64studio.com/node/1072

I got an error I haven't gotten before:

Setting up acpid (1.0.4-5ubuntu9.3) ...
* Stopping Hardware abstraction layer hald [ OK ]
* Loading ACPI modules... [ OK ]
* Starting ACPI services... acpid: can't open /proc/acpi/event: No such file or directory
invoke-rc.d: initscript acpid, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing acpid (--configure):
subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1

Which I am working on solving.

My next steps are to install some of my favorite apps and restore my home folder with my audio project files. I will also be building Ardour 2.8 from source with LV2 support and ardour-x-change support to import AAF files from Pro Tools. More later. :)

No comments: