- Follow steps here to get CUPS up and running. Make sure to blacklist 'usblp'.
- Install the cnijfilter-mp210 package from AUR http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16696
- Add 'acl' option to your root file system mount. https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=32959
- I could see my printer was recognized now when plugged in from the output of 'dmesg |tail'. But whenever I tried to print a test page I got an error in my cups log(http://localhost:631/admin/log/error_log) complaining like: '
Unable to open listen socket for address ::1:631 - Address family not supported by protocol.'
- I deleted the printer and reinstalled it. Pointed it to my ppd file in /usr/share/cups/model. And it works! I notice the device path in the printer config changed, maybe a bad one got autoconfiged before I did the blacklist. :/
Woot, let's burn some ink!